Dundee Resort and Golf Club is a paradise away from home. Located on scenic Cape Breton Island, there is plenty to do for people of all ages, from a relaxing round of golf to kayaking on the beautiful Bras d’Or Lake, to enjoying a peaceful view with friends and family. But no matter what you’re here for, one thing is for sure — your visit to Dundee Resort and Golf Club will provide fun for everyone.
Here’s eight reasons why Dundee Resort and Golf Club should be your next vacation spot.
- A golfing paradise: There’s a reason why Dundee’s golf course is beloved by Nova Scotia’s golfers. The 18-hole course packs quite a punch, giving you a full day of golfing. Overlooking the Bras d’Or Lake, the fairways provide an opportunity to practice your swing with incredible vistas.
- Unmatched accommodation: Want to stay in a cozy cottage? Or do you prefer a hotel-style room? With 90 rooms available for guests, we make sure your accommodations match your needs and preferences.
The spacious hotel rooms have queen or king-size beds most with a balcony or patio that overlooks the Golf Course or Bras d’Or Lake. There are even a few rooms where you can snuggle up next to a fireplace or relax in a jacuzzi for some much-needed R&R. Each of our hotel rooms have coffee makers, mini fridges, smart TVs and complimentary high-speed internet.
If you want a campier vibe, our 38 cottages are one or two-bedroom units that are fully furnished, with separate living room and bedroom(s). All have coffee makers, microwaves and fridges with two-bedrooms also having a two-burner cooktop. Our large, shared decks give guests a stunning lake view and BBQs are included as well, so you can enjoy a summer cookout with friends and family. Best of all, our cottages are animal-friendly, so pets can join in on the fun!
- Entertainment for everyone: Dundee Resort and Golf Club has an extensive list of activities in addition to our golf course, including scheduled events throughout the season.
Guests can try their hand at volleyball, mini golf or a selection of lawn games to get some exercise while enjoying the beautiful landscape.
- The Bras d’Or Lake: Who says water is just for swimming? At the Dundee Recreation Club, you can kayak, canoe, peddle boat or paddle board, or just relax on our lakeside beach.
- Take a dip in a Dundee pool: In addition to the lake, we also have an indoor pool open throughout our season, and outdoor pools open June through September.
- Movies under the stars: Watching a movie outside can make for an unforgettable experience, which is why we show movies outdoors every Friday in July and August for free! Cozy up in a warm blanket, eat popcorn and enjoy the show.
- Dining at Dundee: Food can be a passage to our hearts, and we have it all — breakfast, lunch, and dinner for all palates, with fresh local ingredients.
We have many types of food to accompany your needs either at MacRae’s Restaurant/Lounge or our Clubhouse eatery, both with views of Bras d’Or Lake, bar service, and local live entertainment on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Dine while enjoying some of the best views and sunsets in Nova Scotia!
- Weddings and events: Our beautiful, lush landscape is perfect for couples ready to say, “I Do.” Our wedding venue provides you with a romantic backdrop to exchange your vows and then celebrate with friends and family in our spacious West Bay Room or our unique Pavilion.
The West Bay Room and the Pavilion can each accommodate 180 people for a sit-down meal. The resort also offers a wedding coordinator to help remove any stress you might have on your big day!
Not getting married? Dundee Resort and Golf Club offer packages for corporate and social events. Golf Tournaments, receptions, dinner, and anything in between, the resort Events Team will work with you to ensure your event goes off without a hitch.
The Highland Village Church overlooks the gorgeous Bras d’Or Lake in Iona, Cape Breton.
Visitors to Goat Island will learn about Mi'kmaq history and culture through stories, music and demonstrations.
Guests at the Celtic Music Interpretive Centre will get an in-depth tour of the history of Celtic music on Cape Breton Island.
After a hard day of grape stomping, guests at the Eileanan Brèagha Vineyards can relax and enjoy the ‘foots’ of their labour.
We have so much to offer for family, friends or just yourself! Get away from the city and relax at Dundee Resort and Golf Club.